Friday, July 16, 2004

Game 87

Final Score:

Boston Red Sox 1, Anaheim Angels 8


Man, I really hope we don't have to face Anaheim in the playoffs...it'll end that party RIGHT quick. Lowe pitched like he was under the sway of some crooked, sadistic star that kept him *just* out of trouble until the end of the fifth, when the pitch count was too high for him to be effective anymore. Alan Embree couldn't get outs to save his life and at that point I was too tired and it was too late (damn these West Coast games) for me to stay up and listen. Apparently it was a worthwhile choice on my part.

So the Greek God has gone back to Pawtucket, so the Sox can try and salvage something out of their investment in Mendoza...who no one has any confidence in. I was kinda hoping he'd disappear at the end of last season, but that clearly didn't happen and I hear courtesy of the WEEI announcers that he wasn't too effective on his rehab assignment. Guess we'll see what happens, but I don't see this experiment going terribly well. At least Youlk will get some playing time and learn some first base while he's in RI. YANKEES SUCK!