Friday, January 20, 2006

Theo Maguire


THEO: "Hello. I'm looking for my team.

Can we leave Lucchino's office? No? Alright. If this is where it has to happen, then this is where it has to happen.


I'm not letting me get rid of you. How about that? This used to be my specialty. I was good with the tough Boston crowd. Send me in there, I'll talk about stats, VORP, win shares... you name it. And now I just... I don't know... but with what was supposed to be the freest years of my business life, it wasn't complete, wasn't nearly close to being in the same vicinity as complete, because I couldn't share it with my team. I couldn't hear Manny demanding to be traded and then taking it back, or laugh about it with you. I missed my Red Sox. We live in a cynical world, and we work in a divison of tough competitors, so try not to laugh --

I love you. You complete me."

RED SOX: "Aww, shut-up. You had me at VORP."

MANNY: "Did you know a human head weighs 8 pounds?"