Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Game 32

Final Score:

Boston Red Sox 6, Cleveland Indians 10


Man, it's like it's the early 90s and the Indians are some sort of threat to mental security of Red Sox Nation all over again. I reiterate my comments from the last time Kim pitched and apparently management agrees with me (how flattering) - they've put Kim back in the bullpen. He seems to be the sort of pitcher who gets bounced back and forth between the bullpen and starting rotation as if there's a feeling he'll fit in one place or the other if only the coaches try hard enough. I guess middle/long relief is something Kim hasn't done before - maybe it'll work out right this time. And remember, Arroyo hasn't flipped anyone off on the field lately.

Last nights game was wretched for more reasons than Kim though. The precious, precious bullpen! What happened to it?! Apparently they switched places with the Cleveland bullpen, considering how much better the Indians' relievers did. Then, of course, we have Manny and his citizenship ceremony. Props to the man for becoming a U.S. citizen, but why oh why does the government have to schedule it on a Monday in a city in a totally different part of the country? I suspect conspiracy, maybe something between George Steinbrenner and...Donald Rumsfeld. Yeah, he's in the doghouse right now anyway, might as well make it worse for him by suggesting some sort of collusion between the Bush Administration and Mad King George. Aren't you glad I'm up on this soapbox? Yeah, me too.

I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with happier news of another C.C. Sabathia defeat at the hands of Pedro (who, by the way, is also referred to as "ace" by redsox.com...clearly I was right yesterday about word choice). YANKEES SUCK!

post-note: one of the spelling suggestions from the Live Journal spellchecker for "Steinbrenner" is stentorian, which the Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines as "extremely loud." I find it extremely hillarious.