Saturday, September 03, 2005

Game 133: You Should See The Other Guy

FInal Score:

Boston Red Sox 3, Baltimore Orioles 7

Well you can’t win them all, even at home. Lenny DiNardo (Dee Nards) had as good a start as you can ask for: 6 innings, 1 earned run, 7 hits, 1 walk and 6 strikeouts. If it wasn’t for the 3 UNEARNED RUNS and the 3 runs the “New and Not Improved” bullpen gave up we might have had a shot to win this one. Or maybe not….

4 hits. That’s all they had…4!! This is a team that NEEDS its offence to win games. The Red Sox have only shut out teams 8 times this year and only ONCE since the all-star break. The way this pitching staff has been lately, if they don’t score 7 or more runs (a 7 game streak broken last night) then they probably won’t win.

A Frustrating night. So then, why am I not totally crazy? Why haven’t I thrown my IKEA chair out the window? Why haven’t I tripled in size, turned a dark shade of emerald and gone wandering through the US trying to find a place where people didn’t make me angry? Two words:

Yankees Suck!

And with that, it’s all a wash. Start it back up! Kick the tires and light the fires. 7:05 and then it’s you, me, Clement and Bedard. GO SOX!