Thursday, June 14, 2007

Game 65: We Suck

Final Score: Boston Red Sox 1, Colorado Rockies 7
This baffles me. Really. I had the hardest time writing anything about this mess. I have been without words for hours just running the replay in my mind and staring at the box score. Here are some of the alternate titles I came up with while trying to write a post on this disaster:

The Cookie Crumbles
Broken Beckett
Josh Beckett Vintage 2006
Rocky Mountain Lows
Failure to Start
A Short Story Involving Poor Hitting, Poor Pitching and Violence
Lugo, Drew, and Coco: Wastes of Space or Wastes of Money?
Drew Leading Off and Other Terrible Ideas
I’m Down With LOB
It Takes a Village… to Leave That Many People on Base
This Was the Easy Series
Who the HELL is Jeff Francis?

Why Crappy Timlin When Delcarman Goes Wanting?
Lugo is Hitting .212!!! How is That Even Possible?
10 Runs in 5 Games and Other Stats That Make Me Cry
It Only Gets Worse
From 14 ½ to 7 ½
Yankees in the Rearview Mirror are Closer Than They Appear

And that’s it! That’s all I got. I am freaking fed up with this lack of everything good we had in the first 2 months of the season. Now add that to the fact that the Yankees haven’t lost in 2 weeks… and all that gloating I did earlier looks rather silly.

Yup… rather silly.