Wednesday, October 17, 2007

2007 ALCS Game 4: No Excuses

Final Score: Boston Red Sox 3, Cleveland Indians 7

Layin low, want to take it slow /No more hiding or disguising truths I’ve sold

All you nay-sayers, all you chicken littles, all you threat makers, deal talkers and promise fakers… shut up. Seriously just shut the hell up. I don’t have the energy to argue with what “should” have happened with what “might” have been.

Starting Wake in this game was the right move… simple as that. You can’t gamble on the sort rest starter, I don’t care who it is. The fact that analysts and fans alike are going to jump on Francona for this move is just idiotic. You want to scream at Tito? Bring up his quick hook for starters and his bad choice in relievers. On no days rest, Delcarman was not able to keep the match up as close as I would have liked it.

But enough sour grapes. To be frankly honest, it was Indians ability to perform with runners on and a quick solution to the Sox knuckleballer that ended this one. Wake didn’t go any farther than the starters before him and that just won’t cut the mustard. He left with men on… and MDC (who was nasty before this outing) made sure they all reached safely… ugh. A seven run disaster inning. Lester was awesome in relief, but it was too late by then.


Its okay, had a bad day /Hands are bruised from breaking rocks all day /Drained and blue I bleed for you /You think its funny, well you’re drowning in it too

So once again, looking at a deep hole, the Sox can’t get any runs in. Paul Byrd did just about as well as he could have keeping the Sox bats in check. The back-to back-to back homerun parade in the 6th was amazing... and nothing but a big tease. Youk, Papi, and Manny might have made history with those big swings, but they were the only guys to cross the plate for the Sox. The Tribe’s bullpen preformed as well as it’s had the previous nights leaving no opening for Boston to inch its way back into the game.

There were opportunities… and the Sox didn’t take them.
There were great performances… and the Indians were the ones making them.

I guess the sense of urgency has been heightened now huh? No longer can we say that “these aren’t must win games” with the record at 3-1. Bottom line? Lose and go home. Simple as that. It’s now up to Josh Beckett to save us from that fate… let’s hope he stays to form and does the job.

Oh, and sorry this was a late posting… but I currently have the worst hangover in the history of these biological nightmares. Hey… just because I can accept that the Sox got beat doesn’t mean I’m not gonna go ahead and drink myself stupid. Now gimme a minute so I can go puke this all away like a bad memory.

Everyday its something hits me all so cold /Find me sittin by myself no excuses, then I know