Monday, February 22, 2010

He's Wicked Smaht, Hey

In addition to being a victim of a height-related Doppler shift that causes a person to see him at a different height depending on viewpoint, it appears that Dustin Pedroia is possessed of razor-sharp mind that can cut through the fat of today's detritus-laden baseball chatter and go right to the bone. Run prevention, for example, holds no truck with the People's Champion:
"'I don’t even buy into that stuff. We have great pitching, we have great defense, and we have good offensive players,' he said. 'I don’t even know what run prevention is. I’m a baseball player. I don’t know how to read very good; I don’t know how to write very good. We just go play, man. That’s it. We’ll be fine.'"
Dustin Pedroia: 2008 MVP and Gold Glove winner, 2007 Rookie of the Year, master of the Queen's (President's?) English. There can be no finer option to man the dusty paths between first and second base.