Thursday, February 01, 2007

Jon Lester is a Legend

A full 2 weeks before pitchers and catchers report to Ft. Myers, Jon “Cancer-Shmancer” Lester is ready to go. He’s lost some hair and weight to chemo… but he said he is ready to do whatever the Sox ask of him. Start, relieve, Pawtucket, you name it.

I hope Lester has a productive year in Pawtucket and is available to spot start if we need him in the second half of the year… and then he may be ready for full time duty in 2008.

Whatever he does, this guy is amazing. I would want him to back me up in a bar fight because you couldn’t take him down with two pool cues and three broken bottles. I hear that Lester wakes up in the morning, shoots himself with a shotgun, then goes and has breakfast. As a sleep aid, he uses a tire iron to bludgeon himself unconscious. I’ve heard he can even take one of Papi’s salsa farts standing up.

Welcome back Jon.