Thursday, May 29, 2008

Game 56: Go East Young Men

Final Score: Boston Red Sox 0, Seattle Mariners 1

Ok that’s it. Let’s go back to the Atlantic shore people. Nothing to see here. Pack it in and call it a day. 1 out of 6 on the West coast is pitiful and I’m not even shocked. We suck on the road and that’s about all I can say.

Wake was great but wasted. Between his performance and the negative MRI on Dice-K’s arm that’s about all I can muster for a silver lining in this crap sandwich. What the hell happens to the bats when we cross the Rocky Mountains? They smell that Pacific ocean breeze and forget that they have to hit the ball. Put it in play damnit! 4 runs in 3 games against a team that is under .500 is not acceptable. This is bush league.

Ugh. Now we got a 3 game series with the Orioles who don’t seem to be the pushovers they were last season. I wonder if these count as home games because I know Sox Nation always represents in Baltimore. I can only hope.