Saturday, July 29, 2006

Game 101: Reality entering my baseball world

Final Score:

Boston Red Sox 3, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim 8
I wish that rain delay went a little longer. Like 5 hours longer. After two hours of waiting, the rain finally let up and the tarp on the field followed. Lester started sharp (including a patented escape artist 5th) but really fell apart in the 7th when he gave up 4 earned and Delcarmen followed with 2 of his own. Nice guys. You really made that wait worthwhile.

The bats were not represented very well in this game either. Seven scattered hits made it possible for the Angels of Wherever to gain a big lead and then ZZ Flop came in to clean up this mess. Let me tell you, Fenway cleared out QUICK. Sox threatened with 2 outs in the 9th but Ortiz struck out to end it. Brutal stuff. Didn’t somebody tell them we need these wins? That crew in New York doesn’t seem to be going away.

Anyway, I wish I had a better game to do this with… but Eric and I won’t be around for a while. One of us is getting married this weekend (not me) and we both kinda HAVE to be in attendance (him more than me). Once we return I will take up the posting duties while he enjoys his new bride and their honeymoon.

Congrats my friend. Try not to trip or say something dumb during the nuptials and I will try not to scratch myself too much in that rented tux… no promises.

Drop a line in the comments to wish the happy couple some luck. I’ll be back on Tuesday with a weekend recap.

Till then: Go Eric and Nikki… and GO SOX.