Saturday, July 22, 2006

Game 95: West Coast Offense Story

Final Score:

Boston Red Sox 9, Seattle Mariners 4


It’s a little more exciting than Jets vs Sharks

Let me just start this by saying that I HATE west coast road games. Forget the fact that the travel is hard on the team and that the AL west always plays the Sox tough… I just hate how LATE the games go. It’s really hard on us fans trying to see the games. How can I stay up till 2 in the morning for a week? I have a life people (ok not really, but I just felt like being dramatic).

Now that that’s out of my system… I would like to extend a BIG thank you to Jamie Moyer. I was worried that the weakened Sox bats would crumble after the coastal change, but Moyer pitched a mean BP and helped ease the transition. Ortiz, Gonzo, Tek, Youk and Manny all took the aged starter deep. That geriatric hump got smacked for 7 earned and did it UGLY. Thanks Moyer… now go back to your strained peas and Matlock.

As for Boston’s starter, well Snyder did what he always does: looked great through 4 and started to fade in the 5th. Wild pitches and errors didn’t help him, but he managed to go 5 allowing only 2 runs (both unearned). He left with what LOOKED like a calf cramp (please just be a cramp) and got the win. Good for him. If he stays healthy I think we are going to see a lot more of him over the next few months… I wish that was a good thing.

Anyway, next up is future pitching star Felix Hernandez vs… ummm… hey! Let’s play a game. See if you can pick the Red Sox starter out of this list of names. Good luck!

Kay Gabby
Karen Goddard
Kason Gabbard
K-Gab
Jason Gabbo
Cool Papa Bell
Gabby Hays

Tough huh? Give up? Well it’s AA stud Kason Gabbard and lets just say I am not too excited about this predicament. What I am happy about is the 5 game winning streak, the 3 ½ game lead over the Yankees and the second best record in baseball. Let’s keep doing those things.
GO SOX