Saturday, May 06, 2006

Game 29: Can’t Get No Satisfaction

Final Score:

Boston Red Sox 6, Baltimore Orioles 3


Well I can. A big win over the Orange Birds is very satisfying. Hearing the crowd give Kevin Millar his proper due gives me a warm feeling inside. Seeing Mike Lowell hit 3 (yes 3) more doubles and become a kick ass slugging machine puts a smile on my face. Watching Paps get another save (that’s 12) and a scoreless 9th gets me in a chipper mood. Having Loretta nail down a crazy bunt got me to yell like a mad man. Then there’s Big Papi who comes up big in the clutch AGAIN and hits a 3 run double. That makes me downright giddy. So who couldn’t be satisfied after a game like this?

Well Schilling apparently. Now 5 and 1 with a 3.02 ERA and the winner of this one, Schilling was upset and disappointed with his performance. I thought he pitched pretty well and the only guys that hit him hard were Millar and Nick Markakis. But I guess it takes a little more to make Curt Schilling a happy camper.

So despite his gripes, a good night was had by all. Oh, and that cold breeze coming up from Hell? That was just Alex Gonzalez hitting an RBI double and then scoring on the Papi hit. Could that be the big break he needed to get his offence into major league form? I can say with complete confidence… no.

Tonight Wake vs Bedard.
GO SOX!