Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Game 12: Same Old Story Same Old Song and Dance

Final Score: Toronto Blue Jays 2, Boston Red Sox 1

SSDD. I think this is something I am going to have to get used to. The Red Sox are now a pitching/defense team rather than a run scoring monster. Or at least that’s what the record says. I can deal with that… sure… this bottle of Thorazine tells me that “I.can.deal.” Dice K did a pretty good job until a bad call led to him being shaken like a James Bond cocktail. Two singles, a walked in run and a whole lot of pigeon Japanese being blurted out by Tek and John Ferrell and the damage was limited to 2 runs.

Now we already had a MASSIVE Wily Mo homerun to dead center (he freaking crushed it) so it was 2-1… that’s nothing! We can make that up in 4 innings. There is NO reason that Dice K should suffer another loss. The man had 10K today! That and a flawless bullpen (I like me some Okajima) should mean a WIN.

It’s just too bad that we are facing the UNDEFEATED Chacin and his amazing ability to look like a BUG and still pitch like a semi-competent human being. And then there’s the “stunning” Blue Jays bullpen that happens to have their closer on the DL.

Oh but wait… we can only give ONE pitcher a week run support so tough luck Dicey (oh I hope that doesn’t catch on) and I hope you can get used to having an under 3 ERA and a 2-14 record.

Yeah that sounds GREAT.