Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Rain Cleanses All

“These are the seasons of emotion and like the winds they rise and fallThis is the wonder of devotion - I seek the torch we all must hold.This is the mystery of the quotient - Upon us all a little rain must fall.”

-Led Zeppelin, The Rain Song

I really was looking forward to Dice K laying down the smite on Seattle. When “Hail to the King” Felix played the “own you” card, I was distraught. I needed a rest.

Thankfully mother-nature intervened and we got our first rainout of the year. Wow, at this rate the Mariners are only gonna be able to play 60 games this season.

Now before the Angels glide into the Fens on gossamer wings I want to break down how well our lineup has done thus far.

Lugo- Pretty much as advertised. Speed and slap hits. I would like to see him get on base a bit more.
Youk- Picked up where he left off last year. Solid #2 guy. However, he is the first part of the big 3 hitting drought.
Ortiz- What can you say about Papi? Oh I know… why isn’t he hitting? Second part of the hitting drought.
Manny- He's the last part of the hitting problem. Everyone knows Manny starts slow and then goes nuts in May and June, but he needs to pick it up sooner than later with everyone else whiffing.
J.D. Drew- Yeah. Wow. Love ya. You rock. So far I’m in your fan club.
Lowell- Hitting .270+ with more doubles than anybody else. Yep. Just where he needs to be.
Tek- Oh lord it’s ugly. Let’s move on.
Crisp- And then there’s this sack of crap. Coc0-for-4 is trying my last nerve.
Pedroia- Less of a black hole than Coco, but it’s a close race. I doubt his ability to get an extra base hit.

That about right? 1-9 has been light hitting to say the least. If this keeps up, I wonder if Wily Mo or Hinske will see the bats they deserve? That or I could break another one of Coco’s fingers.