Thursday, September 21, 2006

Game 152: The Worst of Times

Final Score:

Boston Red Sox 2, Minnesota Twins 8


Big Papi hit his 50th homer of the season to tie Jimmy Foxx for the all time Red Sox record. Now I’m not sure, but I think every other thing that happened yesterday was AWFUL. Let me check… yup… totally horrible.

The Sox got beat by some guy named Boof (are you kidding me? Boof?) and the bullpen crapped the bed SO badly that even I was taken aback by their ineptitude. 7 runs over the last two innings. Those are justifiable homicide numbers.

Meanwhile, the Pinstriped Gestapo was busy in their locker room dousing each other with wine coolers and Zima. They won the American League East division title for the 9th time in a row… but we saved money not getting Damon back and didn’t trade our future away trying to get more pitching in the off season or at the trade deadline. Yeah. Whatever keeps you warm at night.

OK, I’m not saying this is the Apocalypse… I’m saying the Apocalypse already happened, we were judged, and this is Hell. A week and a half left of this mess. The end of the season can’t come fast enough.