Friday, June 29, 2007

Game 78: Somebody get my pills

Final Score: Boston Red Sox 2, Texas Rangers 1

If you’re like me then you’re pumping your fist and clutching your chest at the same. I hope all Sox fans with heart problems have now been hospitalized and are in stable condition. How do we keep pulling out these wins? The Sox can’t hit (especially not with men on base), they don’t score runs (especially not in the late innings), and they can’t catch a guy stealing (especially not Kenny Lofton).

What the Sox CAN do is pitch freaking lights out and that’s exactly what they did today… but it wasn’t easy. Wake went 6 and 2 thirds strong (ummm “scattered hits/walks” strong) but left in a jam with two on and two out. MDC came in and proceeded to walk the bases loaded before facing Sammy Sosa. You remember him? The guy with 600+ career homeruns? Well Delcarmen struck him out. Cue increased pulse.

The Sox tried to help Wake in the bottom of the 6th but couldn’t get a run in with the bases loaded and only 1 out. In fact, the toothless Sox left 11 men on base and had runners on in every inning but the first. Somebody do the Heimlich cause the bats are choking. Cue abnormal heart beat.

Then after a brilliant 8th by Oki (who should be up there with Pedroia and Dice K in the rookie of the year talks), Paps comes in all bloodthirsty and starts to feed on the Texas lineup. That is until Lofton (4-4 with 4 stolen bases) puts up a 100,000 pitch at bat and ends up beating Paps to the bag on a swinging bunt. Frankly (he was out) I thought the play (he was out) was too close to call (he was #%^@ing out). This rattled Paps enough that he nearly breaks Hairston's wrist in the next AB. So it’s 2 on, 2 out and Young at the plate. After another 100,000 pitches Paps gets him looking. Game Over. Cue massive coronary.


I’m fed up! I have reached my limit with this squeaking by crap. The Sox need to start blowing teams or the stress will send me over the edge. Tomorrow I want to see the Sox lay down some extra base hits, crooked numbers and calls for the mercy rule. I’m begging you! Hurry before I have the big one.