Thursday, August 26, 2004

Game 124

Final Score:

Boston Red Sox 11, Toronto Blue Jays 5

Curt Schilling must be happy. Not only is he a 16 game winner, but he's beaten the Blue Jays for only the third time in his career and the first time this year. I missed most of this game too (notice a trend here?) but I did see the Manny, Ortiz (x2) and Cabrera homeruns this morning on Sports Center. They were just making the Jays pitching look BAD. Ramiro Mendoza continues to pitch well and Francona actually had the amazing idea that *maybe* just because Curt is pitching well, he shouldn't leave him in the whole game. He even made a comment to the press that made it sound like it was his idea all along, although somehow I doubt that - especially since he has done the exact opposite three times this year.

The bad news of the night: Doug Mientkiewicz (whose name I can now spell without having to look it up - go me) pulled his shoulder trying to stretch a single into a double. He's day to day right now, but my heart stopped for a moment when I saw the headline as I thought what every Sox fan has to be thinking when seeing an injury report: "when will the string of injuries end?" Hopefully he'll be back soon. GO SOX!