Friday, January 06, 2006

Manny Staying Manny?

Oh thank you Sweet Merciful Gods! The best hitter the Red Sox have ever fielded since Ted Williams says he wants to stay. The “Bi-Polar Blaster” said he has friends here (Ortiz) and won’t want to learn another system (crazy NL rules). I have only one thing to say about this:

THANK YOU!

Thank you for keeping the best hitting combo since Ruth and DiMaggio on my team. Thank you for not ensuring a 250 walk season for Ortiz. Thank you for saving me from talking myself into thinking that getting Tejada is a good deal (even if it WAS the closest thing to equal value). Thank you for the temper tantrums, camera shyness and trade requests that will happen this season and every season as long as you play pro baseball. And most of all, thank you for the Manny Point. You know how I like it…

…wait… what do you mean that’s not what you meant? Tell that agent of yours to shut up!! Great. Now more speculation to come I guess. This probably won’t be resolved until you do or don’t show up to spring training. This must be even MORE Manny being Manny.

sigh