Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Game 158: Sitting in a Corner… Drooling

Final Score:

Boston Red Sox 5, Tampa Bay Devil Rays 1


We did it! We clinched! I couldn’t believe it at first, but then when I realized that projections had the Sox clinching a spot in the playoffs around this time, I knew it was true! It’s gotta be true!

And what a game! Schilling was ON! 7 innings of awesomeness and only one run. Francona better rest him so he can start game one against the Twins. It’s all about setting your rotation in the short series. I called Eric all excited about this, but he acted like I didn’t know what I was talking about. What a loser! Does he even follow baseball?

The bats were ready to go too! Papi hit his 54th big fly and he is well on his way to the MVP. That whole “we don’t give it to the DH” is right out the window this year because his HUGE homerun and RBI numbers carried us into the playoffs! WOO HOO! Why is everyone so depressed around the Boston press? Let the champagne flow!

Could they do it again? Only two years removed from that glorious parade… could they go all the way and prove my devotion valid and just once again? All I hear is the voices of angels telling me “SOX WIN! SOX WIN!” The sweet sweet music!

Oops! Got to go! The nice men who loosen my straps and feed me pudding are on their way. They beat the crap out of me last time they caught me online… but it’s worth it to see the glorious victory of the Red Sox! They laugh at me, they call me crazy… but they’ll see… they’ll all see. Then we’ll see who’s laughing!

GO SOX!! GO SOX!! No… no… not the needle! Go Sawwwwwcks….