Sunday, July 16, 2006

Game 90: What the Heck was that?

Final Score:

Boston Red Sox 1, Oakland Athletics 8


I mean… I mean… I mean Jeeeeeeeeze! Kyle Snyder looked pretty damn good for 4 innings. I thought we finally had the whole “which sad sack is going fill the 5 spot” problem solved. He looked like an ace. Too bad these games go longer than 4 innings.

And don’t get me started on the bats… where were they? Did Joe “freaking” Blanton scare them away? You have to me kidding me! It’s JOE BLANTON.

Games like these get me totally frustrated. When up is down and black is white and nothing seems normal it’s easy to get upset. Thankfully, there is someone on this staff with some consistence. That’s right… Julian Tavarez. His consistent crappieness warms my heart. It’s like an old pair of broken in shoes or a favorite shirt. It just feels right when he blows it.

Well now we get to face Kansas City. It is not a vacation… REPEAT: NOT A VACATION. The Sox need to reclaim some dominance (read: standings) while whipping this AAAA team. Start the winning streak now. GO SOX